October 28, 2016
Where: Norfolk Public Library
Title: Library Associate ñ Weekends Only
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for providing library service &
assistance to patrons at the public service desk. This position requires the ability to understand and follow library policies and procedures and the ability to use the automated circulation system in a fast-paced environment. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Charges and discharges library materials; including reserves and renewals, using the SIRSI Circulation System
* Issues borrowers cards.
* Accepts & records payments for fines, and for lost or damaged materials.
* Takes requests for inter-library loans for items not available in SAILS.
* Explains library policy and procedure.
* Assists patrons in the use and location of library materials.
* Assists patrons in the use of the automated catalog.
* Recommends appropriate material to library users.
* Uses reservation software for museum passes.
* Generates daily holds alert report and reconciles report.
* Provides reference services in absence of reference librarian.
* Facilitates Web-based database searches for patrons & assists with use of e-readers
* Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be able to relate to patrons of all ages; be familiar with current literature & have a working knowledge of PCís in a Windows environment and Internet searching.
TIME: Saturdays, 9:00-3:00 or 10:00-4:00 and Sundays (Oct-Apr), 11:45-4:00. Position to begin early December.
Starting Salary: $15.36/hour; Sunday compensation includes additional $4.00/hour wage differential. No benefits.
REQUIREMENTS: For appointment as Library Associate, A.A. degree plus 1 year library experience required. Bachelorís degree preferred, or equivalent education and experience.
APPLY: For application and complete job description contact Sarina Bluhm, Library Director at the Norfolk Public Library - firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: November 15, 2016 at 4:00 PM.