Please note the following:
Most new DVDs are very popular! But don't be discouraged. If you place a hold on a dvd that we own, you will get it before patrons from other libraries.
To place a hold on one of these dvds, just click on the title or the cover art. This will bring you to the catalog record for that film and you can then place your hold.
Also note: Most of our feature film dvds are widescreen editions. If you prefer full screen, you will need to go to a different record in the catalog. But remember, you only get first preference (over patrons from other libraries) on Norfolk dvds.
(Plot synopses and cast lists courtesy of Metacritic.com unless otherwise noted.)
Available in August
A titan of industry (Melissa McCarthy) is sent to prison after she's caught for insider trading. When she emerges ready to rebrand herself as America's latest sweetheart, not everyone she screwed over is so quick to forgive and forget.
- Starring: Cecily Strong, Gary Cole, Haley Lu Richardson,Melissa Rauch, Sebastian Stan, Thomas Middleditch
- A decade ago, Hope Ann Greggory (Melissa Rauch) was America's sweetheart. Her inspired performance on a ruptured Achilles at the world's most prestigious gymnastics tournament clinched an unlikely bronze medal for the U.S. team and brought glory to her hometown of Amherst, Ohio. But in the years since that epic third place victory, Hope hasn't done a whole lot with her life. Still living in her dad Stan's (Gary Cole) basement, still sporting her daily uniform of a Team USA gym suit with teeny-bopper bangs, ponytail and scrunchie, she spends her days at the mall milking her minor celebrity for free food and favors. Hope's routine is upended when she learns that she must coach Amherst's newest gymnastics prodigy Maggie (Haley Lu Richardson) in order to receive a sizable financial inheritance. The hard-edged yet insecure Hope is faced with a serious dilemma:
does she jeopardize her "hometown hero" status by devotedly training this rising star to achieve the dreams she never could? Or does she attempt to sabotage the impressionable Maggie to ensure that she remains the one and only star in Amherst?
- Starring: Jeremy Irons, Luke Evans, Sienna Miller, Tom Hiddleston
- Dr. Robert Laing (Tom Hiddleston) is the newest resident of a luxurious apartment in a high-tech concrete skyscraper whose lofty location places him amongst the upper class. Laing quickly settles into high society life and meets the building’s eccentric tenants: Charlotte (Sienna Miller), his upstairs neighbor and bohemian single mother; Wilder (Luke Evans), a charismatic documentarian who lives with his pregnant wife Helen (Elisabeth Moss); and Mr. Royal (Jeremy Irons), the enigmatic architect who designed the building. Life seems like paradise to the solitude-seeking Laing. But as power outages become more frequent and building flaws emerge, particularly on the lower floors, the regimented social strata begins to crumble and the building becomes a battlefield in a literal class war.
- Starring: Jordan Peele, Keegan-Michael Key
- Clarence and Rell (Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele) are cousins who live in the city but are far from streetwise. When Rell’s beloved kitten, Keanu, is catnapped, the hopelessly straight-laced pair must impersonate ruthless killers in order to infiltrate a street gang and retrieve the purloined feline. But the incredibly adorable kitten becomes so coveted that the fight over his custody creates a gang war, forcing our two unwitting heroes to take the law into their own hands.
- Starring: Colin Farrell, Jessica Barden, Olivia Colman,Rachel Weisz
- A love story set in the near future where single people, according to the rules of The City, are arrested and transferred to The Hotel. There they are obliged to find a matching mate in 45 days. If they fail, they are transformed into an animal of their choosing and released into The Woods. A desperate Man escapes from The Hotel to The Woods where The Loners live and falls in love, although it is against their rules.
- Starring: Alexander Black, Ben Whishaw, Sarita Choudhury, Tom Hanks
- Cultures collide when an American businessman (Tom Hanks) is sent to Saudi Arabia to close what he hopes will be the deal of a lifetime. Baffled by local customs and stymied by an opaque bureaucracy, he eventually finds his footing with the help of a wise-cracking taxi driver (Alexander Black) and a beautiful Saudi doctor (Sarita Choudhury).
- Starring: Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts,Kate Hudson
- This celebration of mothers everywhere invites us all to enjoy the laughter, tears and love as three generations come together in the week leading up to Mother’s Day.
- Starring: Danny McBride, Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad,Maya Rudolph
- On an island populated entirely by happy, flightless birds (or almost entirely), Red (Jason Sudeikis), a bird with a temper problem, speedy Chuck (Josh Gad), and the volatile Bomb (Danny McBride) have always been outsiders. But when the island is visited by mysterious green piggies, it’s up to these unlikely outcasts to figure out what the pigs are up to.
- Starring: Josh Duhamel, James Franco, George MacKay
- Produced by J.J. Abrams, high school history teacher Jake Epping (James Franco) travels back in time to stop the assassination of JFK in the adaptation of Stephen King novel's 11/22/63.
Jake Davis (Russell Crowe), a Pulitzer-winning novelist, finds himself fighting against the world when a fatal car accident leaves him to raise his 5-year-old daughter, Katie, all on his own. Overcome with guilt from the loss of his wife, he struggles with the daily routine of raising a child compounded by his overbearing relatives intent on taking her away from him. As the narrative weaves back and forth between the 1980s, and present day, we come to learn how 30-year-old Katie (Amanda Seyfried) battles the demons that stemmed from her troubled childhood and simultaneously watch how Jake fights to hold on to the thing he loves most — his daughter, at the cost of his fortune, sanity, and ultimately even his own life.
- Starring: Bill Hader, Ethan Hawke, Greta Gerwig, Julianne Moore, Maya Rudolph, Travis Fimmel
- Maggie Hardin (Greta Gerwig) is a vibrant and practical thirty-something New Yorker working in education, who without success in finding love, decides now is the time to have a child on her own. But when she meets John Harding (Ethan Hawke), an anthropology professor and struggling novelist, Maggie falls in love for the first time, and adjusts her plans for motherhood. Complicating matters, John is in an unhappy marriage with Georgette Harding (Julianne Moore), an ambitious academic who is driven by her work. With some help from Maggie's best friends, married couple Tony (Bill Hader) and Felicia (Maya Rudolph), Maggie sets in motion a new plan that intertwines their lives and connects them in surprising and humorous ways. Maggie learns that sometimes destiny should be left to its own devices.
- Starring: Angourie Rice, Matt Bomer, Russell Crowe,Ryan Gosling
- In 1970s Los Angeles, down-on-his-luck private eye Holland March (Ryan Gosling) and hired enforcer Jackson Healy (Russell Crowe) must work together to solve the case of a missing girl and the seemingly unrelated death of a porn star. During their investigation, they uncover a shocking conspiracy that reaches up to the highest circles of power.
This season opened with the survivors hunkered down in the Safe Zone, where many of the new episodes are expected to take place. And with it, we can expect producers to delve into the backstory of many of the most elusive characters from last season.
With unrestricted access to Anthony Weiner’s New York City mayoral campaign, this film reveals the human story behind the scenes of a high-profile political scandal as it unfolds, and offers an unfiltered look at how much today’s politics is driven by an appetite for spectacle
- Starring: Charlize Theron, Chris Hemsworth, Emily Blunt,Jessica Chastain
- Long before the evil Queen Ravenna (Charlize Theron) was thought vanquished by Snow White’s blade, she watched silently as her sister, Freya (Emily Blunt), suffered a heartbreaking betrayal and fled their kingdom. With Freya’s ability to freeze any enemy, the young ice queen has spent decades in a remote wintry palace raising a legion of deadly huntsmen—including Eric (Chris Hemsworth) and warrior Sara (Jessica Chastain)—only to find that her prized two defied her one demand: Forever harden your hearts to love. When Freya learns of her sister’s demise, she summons her remaining soldiers to bring the Magic Mirror home to the only sorceress left who can harness its power. But once she discovers Ravenna can be resurrected from its golden depths, the wicked sisters threaten this enchanted land with twice the darkest force it’s ever seen. Now,
their amassing army shall prove undefeatable…unless the banished huntsmen who broke their queen’s cardinal rule can fight their way back to one another.
- Starring: Ben Kingsley, Bill Murray, Giancarlo Esposito,Idris Elba, Lupita Nyong'o, Neel Sethi, Scarlett Johansson
- Mowgli (Neel Sethi), a man-cub who’s been raised by a family of wolves, finds he is no longer welcome in the jungle when fearsome tiger Shere Khan (voiced by Idris Elba), who bears the scars of Man, promises to eliminate what he sees as a threat. Urged to abandon the only home he’s ever known, Mowgli embarks on a captivating journey of self-discovery, guided by panther-turned-stern mentor Bagheera (voiced by Ben Kingsley), and the free-spirited bear Baloo (voice by Bill Murray). Along the way, Mowgli encounters jungle creatures who don’t exactly have his best interests at heart, including Kaa (voice by Scarlett Johansson), a python whose seductive voice and gaze hypnotizes the man-cub, and the smooth-talking King Louie (voice by Christopher Walken), who tries to coerce Mowgli into giving up the secret to the elusive and deadly red flower: fire.
- Starring: Brendan Coyle, Charles Dance, Emilia Clarke,Janet McTeer, Sam Claflin
- Louisa “Lou” Clark (Emilia Clarke) lives in a quaint town in the English countryside. With no clear direction in her life, the quirky and creative 26-year-old goes from one job to the next in order to help her tight-knit family make ends meet. Her normally cheery outlook is put to the test, however, when she faces her newest career challenge. Taking a job at the local “castle,” she becomes caregiver and companion to Will Traynor (Sam Claflin), a wealthy young banker who became wheelchair bound in an accident two years prior, and whose whole world changed dramatically in the blink of an eye. No longer the adventurous soul he once was, the now cynical Will has all but given up. That is until Lou determines to show him that life is worth living. Embarking together on a series of adventures, both Lou and Will get more than they bargained for, and find
their lives—and hearts—changing in ways neither one could have imagined.
Available September 6th
A Bigger Splash
- Starring: Dakota Johnson, Matthias Schoenaerts, Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton
- The lives of a high profile couple, a famous rock star and a filmmaker (Tilda Swinton and Matthias Schoenaerts), vacationing and recovering on the idyllic sun-drenched and remote Italian island of Pantelleria are disrupted by the unexpected visit of an old friend and his daughter (Ralph Fiennes and Dakota Johnson) - creating a whirlwind of jealousy, passion and, ultimately, danger for everyone involved.
- Starring: Kristen Stewart, Nicholas Hoult
- Nia and Silas (Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult) work together in a futuristic society known as “The Collective.” A seemingly utopian world, “The Collective” has ended crime and violence by genetically eliminating all human emotions. Despite this, Nia and Silas can’t help noticing a growing attraction between them, leading them to a forbidden relationship—at first tentative, but then exploding into a passionate romance. As suspicion begins to mount among their superiors, the couple will be forced to choose between going back to the safety of the lives they have always known, or risk it all to try and pull off a daring escape.
- Starring: Colin Firth, Dominic West, Guy Pearce, Jude Law, Laura Linney, Nicole Kidman
- A chronicle of the complex friendship and transformative professional relationship between the world-renowned book editor Maxwell Perkins (Colin Firth) and the larger-than-life literary giant Thomas Wolfe
- Starring: Chloë Sevigny, Emma Greenwell, Kate Beckinsale, Xavier Samuel
- Set in the opulent drawing rooms of eighteenth-century English society, Love & Friendship focuses on the machinations of a beautiful widow, Lady Susan Vernon (Kate Beckinsale), who, while waiting for social chatter about a personal indiscretion to pass, takes up temporary residence at her in-laws’ estate. While there, the intelligent, flirtatious, and amusingly egotistical Lady Vernon is determined to be a matchmaker for her daughter Frederica—and herself too, naturally. She enlists the assistance of her old friend Alicia (Chloë Sevigny), but two particularly handsome suitors (Xavier Samuel and Tom Bennett) complicate her orchestrations.
- Starring: Dominic West, George Clooney, Jack O'Connell,Julia Roberts
- Lee Gates (George Clooney) is a bombastic TV personality whose popular financial network show has made him the money wiz of Wall Street. But after he hawks a high tech stock that mysteriously crashes, an irate investor (Jack O’Connell) takes Gates, his crew, and his ace producer Patty Fenn (Julia Roberts) hostage live on air. Unfolding in real time, Gates and Fenn must find a way to keep themselves alive while simultaneously uncovering the truth behind a tangle of big money lies.
- Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Dave Franco, Jesse Eisenberg, Lizzy Caplan, Mark Ruffalo, Michael Caine,Morgan Freeman, Woody Harrelson
- One year after outwitting the FBI and winning the public’s adulation with their mind-bending spectacles, the Four Horsemen resurface in Now You See Me 2 only to find themselves face to face with a new enemy who enlists them to pull off their most dangerous heist yet.
Available September 13th
- Starring: Anthony Mackie, Chadwick Boseman, Chris Evans, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Paul Bettany,Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan
- Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.
- Starring: Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga
- Lorraine and Ed Warren travel to north London to help a single mother raising four children alone in a house plagued by malicious spirits.
- Starring: Andy Samberg
- Singer/rapper Conner4Real (Andy Samberg) faces a crisis of popularity after his sophomore album flops, leaving his fans, sycophants and rivals all wondering what to do when he’s no longer the dopest star of all.
Available September 20th
Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising
- Starring: Chloë Grace Moretz, Rose Byrne, Seth Rogen,Zac Efron
- Now that Mac (Seth Rogen) and Kelly Radner (Rose Byrne) have a second baby on the way, they are ready to make the final move into adulthood: the suburbs. But just as they thought they’d reclaimed the neighborhood and were safe to sell, they learn that the new occupants next door are a sorority even more out of control than Teddy (Zac Efron) and his brothers ever dreamed of being. Tired of their school’s sexist, restrictive system, the unorthodox ladies of Kappa Nu have decided to start a house where they can do whatever the hell they want. When Shelby (Chloë Grace Moretz) and her sisters, Beth (Kiersey Clemons) and Nora (Beanie Feldstein), find the perfect place just off campus, they won’t let the fact that it’s located on a quiet street stand in their way of parties as epic as the guys throw. Forced to turn to the one ex-neighbor with the skills
to bring down the new Greeks next door, the Radners — alongside best friends Jimmy (Ike Barinholtz) and Paula (Carla Gallo) — bring in charismatic Teddy as their secret weapon. If he can infiltrate the sorority and charm his way through it, the thirtysomethings will shutter the Kappas’ home. But if they think that their neighbors are going down without a fight, they have severely underestimated the power of youthful ingenuity and straight-up crazy.
- Starring: Laura Linney, Megan Fox, Tyler Perry, Will Arnett
- The sequel to 2014's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Available September 27th
- Starring: Isabelle Fuhrman, John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson
- At the Boston airport, Clay (John Cusack) witnesses a scene of chaotic mayhem when an electronic signal turns hundreds of cell phone users into rabid killers. Desperate to find his estranged wife and son, Clay teams with a train driver (Samuel L. Jackson) to battle the horde of murderous “phoners” as the city descends into apocalyptic madness.
- Starring: Amy Ryan, Danielle Nicolet, Dwayne Johnson,Kevin Hart
- A one-time bullied geek who grew up to be a lethal CIA agent (Dwayne Johnson) comes home for his high school reunion. Claiming to be on a top-secret case, he enlists the help of the former “big man on campus” (Kevin Hart), now an accountant who misses his glory days. But before the staid numbers-cruncher realizes what he’s getting into, it’s too late to get out, as his increasingly unpredictable new friend drags him through a world of shoot-outs, double-crosses and espionage that could get them both killed in more ways than he can count.
Recently divorced and laid off from his job, Elliot Baker (Joel Kinnaman) is desperate to spend more time bonding with his sons, Bradley (Tom Holland) and Caleb (Percy Hynes White). What starts as family day trip to teach his boys how to shoot turns into a nightmare when they become stranded. As they retreat to a desolate cabin, Elliot's mounting fear of losing custody pushes him to the edge. The brothers quickly realize that the man responsible for keeping them safe has now become their biggest threat.
- Starring: Julian Dennison, Rachel House, Rima Te Wiata,Sam Neill
- Raised on hip-hop and foster care, defiant city kid Ricky gets a fresh start in the New Zealand countryside. He quickly finds himself at home with his new foster family: the loving Aunt Bella, the cantankerous Uncle Hec, and dog Tupac. When a tragedy strikes that threatens to ship Ricky to another home, both he and Hec go on the run in the bush. As a national manhunt ensues, the newly branded outlaws must face their options: go out in a blaze of glory or overcome their differences and survive as a family.
- Starring: Adam DeVine, Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza,Zac Efron
- Hard-partying brothers Mike (Adam Devine) and Dave (Zac Efron) place an online ad to find the perfect dates (Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza) for their sister’s Hawaiian wedding. Hoping for a wild getaway, the boys instead find themselves outsmarted and out-partied by the uncontrollable duo.
- Starring: Christina Hendricks, Elle Fanning, Keanu Reeves
- When aspiring model Jesse (Elle Fanning) moves to Los Angeles, her youth and vitality are devoured by a group of beauty-obsessed women who will take any means necessary to get what she has.
Nancy (Blake Lively) is surfing alone on a secluded beach when she is attacked by a great white shark and stranded just a short distance from shore. Though she is only 200 yards from her survival, getting there proves the ultimate contest of wills.
Available October 4th
- Starring: David Mazouz, Kevin Bacon, Lucy Fry, Radha Mitchell
- As a family returns home from vacation at the Grand Canyon, they innocently bring home a supernatural force that preys off their own fears and vulnerabilities, threatening to destroy them from within, while consuming their lives with terrifying consequences.
Into The Forest
- Starring: Callum Keith Rennie, Ellen Page, Evan Rachel Wood, Max Minghella, Michael Eklund
- Set in the near future, this riveting and suspenseful apocalyptic drama follows two sisters, Nell (Ellen Page) and Eva (Evan Rachel Wood) who live in the Pacific Northwest with their kindly father, Robert. Nell is focused on her studies and Eva is training to be a dancer, but their peaceful lives are disrupted one day by what turns out to be a continent-wide blackout. Whereas at first the family bond together and try to make the most of their difficult circumstances, as time goes on, the challenges become more serious. In the wake of a shocking and violent confrontation that Robert has with a menacing passerby, the sisters must work together in order to survive in their increasingly treacherous new world.
The Purge: Election Year
It’s been two years since Leo Barnes (Frank Grillo) stopped himself from a regrettable act of revenge on Purge Night. Now serving as head of security for Senator Charlie Roan (Elizabeth Mitchell), his mission is to protect her in a run for president and survive the annual ritual that targets the poor and innocent. But when a betrayal forces them onto the streets of D.C. on the one night when no help is available, they must stay alive until dawn…or both be sacrificed for their sins against the state.
- Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Paul Dano
- Hank (Paul Dano) is stranded on a deserted island, having given up all hope of ever making it home again. But one day everything changes when a corpse named Manny (Daniel Radcliffe) washes up on shore; the two become fast friends, and ultimately go on an epic adventure that will bring Hank back to the woman of his dreams.
- Starring: Evan Peters, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Helman, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Oscar Isaac, Rose Byrne, Sophie Turner
- Since the dawn of civilization, he was worshiped as a god. Apocalypse, the first and most powerful mutant from Marvel’s X-Men universe, amassed the powers of many other mutants, becoming immortal and invincible. Upon awakening after thousands of years, he is disillusioned with the world as he finds it and recruits a team of powerful mutants, including a disheartened Magneto (Michael Fassbender), to cleanse mankind and create a new world order, over which he will reign. As the fate of the Earth hangs in the balance, Raven (Jennifer Lawrence) with the help of Professor X (James McAvoy) must lead a team of young X-Men to stop their greatest nemesis and save mankind from complete destruction.
Available October 11th
- Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Kate McKinnon, Kristen Wiig,Leslie Jones, Melissa McCarthy
- Thirty years after the original film took the world by storm, Ghostbusters is back and fully rebooted for a new generation. Director Paul Feig combines all the paranormal fighting elements that made the original franchise so beloved with a cast of new characters, played by the funniest actors working today.
Ice Age - Collision Course
- Starring: Denis Leary, John Leguizamo, Ray Romano
- Scrat’s epic pursuit of the elusive acorn catapults him into the universe where he accidentally sets off a series of cosmic events that transform and threaten the Ice Age World. To save themselves, Sid, Manny, Diego, and the rest of the herd must leave their home and embark on a quest full of comedy and adventure, traveling to exotic new lands and encountering a host of colorful new characters.
- Starring: Amy Ryan, Benjamin Bratt, Bryan Cranston,Diane Kruger, John Leguizamo
- Based on a true story, Federal agent Robert "Bob" Mazur (Bryan Cranston) goes deep undercover to infiltrate Pablo Escobar's drug trafficking scene plaguing the nation in 1986 by posing as slick, money-laundering businessman Bob Musella. Teamed with impulsive and streetwise fellow agent Emir Abreu (John Leguizamo) and rookie agent posing as his fiancé Kathy Ertz (Diane Kruger), Mazur befriends Escobar's top lieutenant Roberto Alcaino (Benjamin Bratt). Navigating a vicious criminal network in which the slightest slip-up could cost him his life, Mazur risks it all building a case that leads to indictments of 85 drug lords and the corrupt bankers who cleaned their dirty money, along with the collapse of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International, one of the largest money-laundering banks in the world.
The Legend of Tarzan
It has been years since the man once known as Tarzan (Alexander Skarsgård) left the jungles of Africa behind for a gentrified life as John Clayton III, Lord Greystoke, with his beloved wife, Jane (Margot Robbie) at his side. Now, he has been invited back to the Congo to serve as a trade emissary of Parliament, unaware that he is a pawn in a deadly convergence of greed and revenge, masterminded by the Belgian, Captain Leon Rom (Christoph Waltz). But those behind the murderous plot have no idea what they are about to unleash.
Available October 18th
Alice Through the Looking Glass
- Starring: Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska
- Alice (Mia Wasikowska) returns to the whimsical world of Underland and travels back in time to save the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp).
- Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Steve Carell
- A young man (Jesse Eisenberg) arrives in Hollywood during the 1930s hoping to work in the film industry. There, he falls in love, and finds himself swept up in the vibrant café society that defined the spirit of the age.
Free State of Jones
- Starring: Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Mahershala Ali, Matthew McConaughey
- Set during the Civil War, Free State of Jones tells the story of defiant Southern farmer, Newt Knight, and his extraordinary armed rebellion against the Confederacy. Banding together with other small farmers and local slaves, Knight launched an uprising that led Jones County, Mississippi to secede from the Confederacy, creating a Free State of Jones. Knight continued his struggle into Reconstruction, distinguishing him as a compelling, if controversial, figure of defiance long beyond the War.
Independence Day: Resurgence
- Starring: Bill Pullman, Jeff Goldblum, Liam Hemsworth,Maika Monroe
- We always knew they were coming back. Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens’ advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction.
Our Kind of Traitor
While on holiday in Marrakech, an ordinary English couple, Perry (Ewan McGregor) and Gail (Naomie Harris), befriend a flamboyant and charismatic Russian, Dima (Stellan Skarsgård), who unbeknownst to them is a kingpin money launderer for the Russian mafia. When Dima asks for their help to deliver classified information to the British Secret Services, Perry and Gail get caught in a dangerous world of international espionage and dirty politics. The couple is propelled on a perilous journey through Paris and Bern, a safe house in the French Alps, to the murky corners of the City of London and an alliance with the British Government via a ruthless and determined MI6 agent (Damian Lewis).
Available October 25th
- Starring: Annalise Basso, Charlie Shotwell, Frank Langella, George MacKay, Kathryn Hahn, Nicholas Hamilton, Samantha Isler, Shree Crooks, Trin Miller, Viggo Mortensen
- In the forests of the Pacific Northwest, a father (Viggo Mortensen) devoted to raising his six kids with a rigorous physical and intellectual education is forced to leave his paradise and enter the world, challenging his idea of what it means to be a parent.
- Starring: Dave Franco, Emily Meade, Emma Roberts,Kimiko Glenn, Machine Gun Kelly, Marc John Jefferies,Miles Heizer
- A high school senior finds herself immersed in an online game of truth or dare, where her every move starts to become manipulated by an anonymous community of "watchers."
- Starring: Ben Foster, Ben Schnetzer, Clancy Brown,Daniel Wu, Dominic Cooper, Paula Patton, Robert Kazinsky, Toby Kebbell, Travis Fimmel
- The peaceful realm of Azeroth stands on the brink of war as its civilization faces a fearsome race of invaders: Orc warriors fleeing their dying home to colonize another. As a portal opens to connect the two worlds, one army faces destruction and the other faces extinction. From opposing sides, two heroes are set on a collision course that will decide the fate of their family, their people and their home. So begins a spectacular saga of power and sacrifice in which war has many faces, and everyone fights for something.
Available November 1st
Anthropoid is based on the extraordinary true story of "Operation Anthropoid," the code name for the Czechoslovakian operatives' mission to assassinate SS officer Reinhard Heydrich. Heydrich, the main architect behind the Final Solution, was the Reich's third in command behind Hitler and Himmler and the leader of Nazi forces in Czechoslovakia. The film follows two soldiers from the Czechoslovakian army-in-exile, Josef Gabčík (Cillian Murphy) and Jan Kubis (Jamie Dornan), who are parachuted into their occupied homeland in December 1941. With limited intelligence and little equipment in a city under lock down, they must find a way to assassinate Heydrich, an operation that would change the face of Europe
- Starring: Annie Mumolo, Christina Applegate, Jada Pinkett Smith, Kathryn Hahn, Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis, Oona Laurence
- Amy (Mila Kunis) has a seemingly perfect life - a great marriage, over-achieving kids, beautiful home and a career. However she's over-worked, over-committed and exhausted to the point that she's about to snap. Fed up, she joins forces with two other over-stressed moms on a quest to liberate themselves from conventional responsibilities – going on a wild, un-mom-like binge of long overdue freedom, fun and self-indulgence – putting them on a collision course with PTA Queen Bee Gwendolyn (Christina Applegate) and her clique of devoted perfect moms.
- Starring: Cheryl Hines, Christopher Walken, Jennifer Garner, Kevin Spacey, Mark Consuelos, Robbie Amell,
- Tom Brand (Kevin Spacey) is a daredevil billionaire at the top of his game. His company is nearing completion on the tallest skyscraper in the northern hemisphere. But Tom's workaholic lifestyle has disconnected him from his family, particularly his wife Lara (Jennifer Garner) and daughter Rebecca (Malina Weissman). Rebecca's 11th birthday is here, and she wants a cat. Tom hates cats but needs a gift. He finds a mystical pet store where the owner, Felix Perkins (Christopher Walken), presents him with a tomcat named Mr. Fuzzypants. En route to his daughter's party, Tom has a terrible accident. When he wakes he discovers he is trapped in the body of the cat. Adopted by his own family, he begins to experience his life through a new perspective. In order to return to his family as the husband and father they deserve, Tom will have to learn why he has been
placed in this peculiar situation.
Outlander - Season 2
- Starring: Graham McTavish, Tobias Menzies, Laura Donnelly
- Married World War II nurse Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe) time travels to 1743 century Scotland, where she meets Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan) in this adaptation of the Outlander book series by Diana Gabaldon. Season 2 continues the story.
Star Trek Beyond
- Starring: Anton Yelchin, Chris Pine, Idris Elba, John Cho,Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, Sofia Boutella, Zachary Quinto,Zoe Saldana
- The crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise explores the furthest reaches of uncharted space, where they encounter a mysterious new enemy who puts them and everything the Federation stands for to the test.
Available November 8th
- Starring: Logan Lerman, Sarah Gadon
- In 1951, Marcus Messner (Logan Lerman), a working class Jewish boy from Newark, New Jersey, travels on scholarship to a small, conservative college in Ohio, thus exempting him from being drafted into the Korean War. But once there, Marcus’s growing infatuation with his beautiful classmate Olivia Hutton (Sarah Gadon), and his clashes with the college’s imposing Dean, Hawes Caudwell (Tracy Letts), put his and his family’s best laid plans to the ultimate test.
- Starring: Jonah Hill, Kristen Wiig, Seth Rogen
- Life is good for all the food items that occupy the shelves at the local supermarket. Frank (Seth Rogen) the sausage, Brenda (Kristen Wiig) the hot dog bun, Teresa Taco and Sammy Bagel Jr. (Edward Norton) can’t wait to go home with a happy customer. Soon, their world comes crashing down as poor Frank learns the horrifying truth that he will eventually become a meal. After warning his pals about their similar fate, the panicked perishables devise a plan to escape from their human enemies.
Available November 15th
- Starring: Albert Brooks, Ellen DeGeneres
- Finding Dory reunites the friendly-but-forgetful blue tang fish Dory, with her friends Nemo and Marlin on a search for answers about her past. What can she remember? Who are her parents? And where did she learn to speak Whale?
Game of Thrones - Season 6
Starring: Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey
Series based on George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire." Season 6 takes up where the last book left off (2 more books are promised).
This web site is a real find for film buffs. You can find the name of that film you can't quite remember by searching by actor(s) or even by partial title. You can cross-reference by clicking on the actor in the cast list and find a list of all of his movies. Also listed (besides cast) are writers, directors and crew. TV shows are in the database as well. So, last week when I watched an episode of "House" and recognized 2 actors but couldn't remember from where (!) I was able to search (by season and episode list) and find the answers which would normally have either kept me up or come to me in a flash at 2 a.m. Give it a try. [Link] www.imdb.com.