Please note the following:
Most new DVDs are very popular! But don't be discouraged. If you place a hold on a dvd that we own, you will get it before patrons from other libraries.
To place a hold on one of these dvds, just click on the title or the cover art. This will bring you to the catalog record for that film and you can then place your hold.
Also note: Most of our feature film dvds are widescreen editions. If you prefer full screen, you will need to go to a different record in the catalog. But remember, you only get first preference (over patrons from other libraries) on Norfolk dvds.
(Plot synopses and cast lists courtesy of Metacritic.com unless otherwise noted.)
Available in January
- Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, David Morse, Heather Graham,James Remar, Joe Anderson, Juno Temple, Kathleen Quinlan, Kelli Garner, Max Minghella
- Based on the novel by Joe Hill, Horns follows Ig Perrish (Daniel Radcliffe), the number one suspect for the violent rape and murder of his girlfriend, Merrin (Juno Temple). Hungover from a night of hard drinking, Ig awakens one morning to find horns starting to grow from his own head and soon realizes their power drives people to confess their sins and give in to their most selfish and unspeakable impulses – an effective tool in his quest to discover the true circumstances of his late girlfriend's tragedy and for exacting revenge on her killer.
- Starring: Chris Mulkey, Devon Graye,Jayma Mays, Joseph Cross, Judith Light, Patricia Clarkson,Rutina Wesley, Zachary Booth
- An affluent matriarch (Patricia Clarkson) asks her adult sons to visit their gorgeous Lake Tahoe home for a final weekend before she sells it, but it quickly becomes a comical disaster.
- Starring: Cassi Thomson, Chad Michael Murray, Lea Thompson, Nicolas Cage
- In the blink of an eye, the biblical Rapture strikes the world. Millions of people disappear without a trace. All that remains are their clothes and belongings, and in an instant, terror and chaos spread around the world. Ray Steele (Nicolas Cage), an airline pilot, struggles to calm, and ultimately to save the lives of the passengers that remain on his flight, as the world below loses its ability to help his plane, and any other to safety. Running out of fuel, his equipment failing, his crew escalating into panic, Ray must guide the plane with the help of GWN reporter, Cameron “Buck” Williams (Chad Michael Murray) who takes over the role of co-pilot in the face of the crisis. For Buck Williams, being trapped at 30,000 feet with a plane full of terrified passengers means a struggle to understand the incomprehensible. On the ground, Ray’s daughter
Chloe (Cassi Thomson) struggles to find her young brother and mother, both of whom may have disappeared in the Biblical event. Forcing herself through the chaos, Chloe must navigate a world filled with terror and despair.
- Starring: Idris Elba, Taraji P. Henson
- Terri (Taraji P. Henson) is a devoted wife and mother of two, living an ideal suburban life in Atlanta when Colin (Idris Elba), a charming but dangerous escaped convict, shows up at her door claiming car trouble. Terri offers her phone to help him but soon learns that no good deed goes unpunished as she finds herself fighting for survival when he invades her home and terrorizes her family.
- Starring: Robin Atkin Downes, Sean Astin, Kevin Durand, Corey Stoll, David Bradley
- Based on Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan's vampire novel trilogy, Dr. Ephraim Goodweather (Corey Stoll) and the Center for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City investigate a rapidly spreading virus that may be related to vampirism.
- Starring: Brad Takei, George Takei, Walter Koenig, William Shatner
- Over seven decades, actor and activist George Takei boldly journeyed from a WWII internment camp, to the helm of the starship Enterprise, to the daily news feeds of five million Facebook fans. Join George and his husband Brad on this star's playful and profound trek for life, liberty, and love.
- Starring: Analeigh Tipton, Jessica Szohr, Miles Teller,Scott Mescudi
- A no-strings-attached, online hook-up turns into a morning after disaster for twenty-something New Yorkers Alec (Miles Teller) and Megan (Analeigh Tipton).
- Starring: Ben Affleck, Neil Patrick Harris, Rosamund Pike,Tyler Perry
- On the occasion of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck) reports that his beautiful wife, Amy (Rosamund Pike), has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growing media frenzy, Nick's portrait of a blissful union begins to crumble. Soon his lies, deceits and strange behavior have everyone asking the same dark question: Did Nick Dunne kill his wife?
- Starring: Alfred Molina, Charlie Tahan, Darren E. Burrows,John Lithgow, Marisa Tomei
- Ben (John Lithgow) and George (Alfred Molina) take advantage of New York's new marriage laws and tie the knot after being together for 39 years. Unfortunately, the Catholic school where George teaches does not approve, and they reluctantly fire him, forcing the couple to split up and stay with friends while they sell their apartment and look for cheaper housing. George crashes with two gay police officers, while Ben, who's a painter, bunks with his nephew's family in Brooklyn—a temporary situation that weighs heavily on all involved.
- Starring: Adam Sandler, Ansel Elgort, Dean Norris, Jennifer Garner, Judy Greer, Kaitlyn Dever,Rosemarie DeWitt
- Men, Women and Children follows the story of a group of high school teenagers and their parents as they attempt to navigate the many ways the internet has changed their relationships, their communication, their self-image, and their love lives. The film attempts to stare down social issues such as video game culture, anorexia, infidelity, fame hunting, and the proliferation of illicit material on the internet. As each character and each relationship is tested, we are shown the variety of roads people choose - some tragic, some hopeful - as it becomes clear that no one is immune to this enormous social change that has come through our phones, our tablets, and our computers.
- Starring: Kirsten Dunst, Oscar Isaac, Viggo Mortensen
- In 1962, the charismatic Chester MacFarland (Viggo Mortensen) and his alluring younger wife Colette (Kirsten Dunst), arrive in Athens by boat via the Corinthian Canal. While sightseeing at the Acropolis they encounter Rydal (Oscar Isaac), a young, Greek-speaking American who is working as a tour guide, scamming tourists on the side. Drawn to Colette’s beauty and impressed by Chester’s wealth and sophistication, Rydal gladly accepts their invitation to dinner. However, all is not as it seems with the MacFarlands, and Chester’s affable exterior hides darker secrets.
- Starring: Alfre Woodard, Annabelle Wallis, Ward Horton
- John Form has found the perfect gift for his expectant wife, Mia—a beautiful, rare vintage doll in a pure white wedding dress. But Mia’s delight with Annabelle doesn’t last long. On one horrific night, their home is invaded by members of a satanic cult, who violently attack the couple. Spilled blood and terror are not all they leave behind. The cultists have conjured an entity so malevolent that nothing they did will compare to the sinister conduit to the damned that is Annabelle.
- Starring: James Gandolfini, Noomi Rapace, Tom Hardy
- Summary: In the underworld of Brooklyn bars, "money drops" are used to funnel cash to local gangsters. When a robbery at the bar of his employer and cousin Marv (James Gandolfini) goes awry, bartender Bob Saginowski (Tom Hardy) finds himself entwined in an investigation that digs deep into the neighborhood's past where friends, families, and foes all work together to make a living—no matter the cost.
- Starring: Anton Yelchin, Billy Crudup, Felicity Huffman,Jamie Chung, Selena Gomez
- Sam (Billy Crudup), a former high-profile advertising executive, falls apart after the sudden death of his son. Living off the grid on a docked sailboat, he wastes away his days while drowning his pain in alcohol. When Sam discovers a box filled with his son's demo tapes and lyrics, his own child's musical talent is a revelation. Communing with his deceased son's dashed dreams, Sam learns each song and eventually musters the will to perform one at a local bar. When Quentin, a young musician in the audience, is captivated by the song, the unlikely duo form a rock band that becomes surprisingly popular and revitalizes both of their lives.
- Starring: Angela Bassett, Christopher Meloni, Eva Green, Gabourey Sidibe, Shailene Woodley, Shiloh Fernandez, Thomas Jane
- Kat Connors is 17 years old when her perfect homemaker mother, Eve, a beautiful, enigmatic, and haunted woman, disappears—just as Kat is discovering and relishing her newfound sexuality. Having lived for so long in a stifled, emotionally repressed household, she barely registers her mother's absence and certainly doesn't blame her doormat of a father, Brock, for the loss. In fact, it's almost a relief. But as time passes, Kat begins to come to grips with how deeply Eve's disappearance has affected her. Returning home on a break from college, she finds herself confronted with the truth about her mother's departure, and her own denial about the events surrounding it.
- Starring: Anne-Marie Duff, Colin Firth, Mark Strong, Nicole Kidman
- A woman (Nicole Kidman) wakes up every day with no memory as the result of a traumatic accident in her past. One day, terrifying new truths begin to emerge that make her question everything she thinks she knows about her life - as well as everyone in it, including her doctor (Mark Strong) and even her husband (Colin Firth).
- Starring: Channing Tatum, Diego Luna, Zoe Saldana
- The Book of Life is the journey of Manolo, a young man who is torn between fulfilling the expectations of his family and following his heart. Before choosing which path to follow, he embarks on an incredible adventure that spans three fantastical worlds where he must face his greatest fears.
- Starring: Allison Janney, Jean Reno, Katie Holmes,Michael Nyqvist, William Hurt
- Inspired by Anton Chekhov’s The Seagull and set in rural New England in the 1980s, Days and Nights centers around Elizabeth (Allison Janney), a movie star, who brings her paramour Peter to her lakeside estate to visit her family on Memorial Day weekend. The household includes her ailing brother (William Hurt), her artist son (Ben Whishaw), his ethereal muse (Juliet Rylance), the family doctor (Jean Reno) and the estate's custodian (Russell Means), the careless caretaker (Michael Nyqvist) and his wife (Cherry Jones), their temperamental daughter (Katie Holmes) and her long suffering ornithologist husband (Mark Rylance) -- the keeper of the sacred land where a bald eagle is trying to raise its young. During the weekend a disastrous turn of events leads the family from dysfunction to heartbreak and, ultimately, salvation.
Starring: Dame Maggie Smith, Elizabeth McGovern, Hugh Bonneville, Michelle Dockery, Jim Carter
Season 5 finds the Crawley family and the staff struggling with responsibilities and choices as they adjust to life in the Roaring Twenties.
- Starring: Brad Pitt, Brad William Henke, Jason Isaacs, Jon Bernthal, Logan Lerman, Michael Peña, Shia LaBeouf
- April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy (Brad Pitt) commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.
- Starring: Balthazar Getty, Billy Bob Thornton, Leighton Meester, Robert Downey Jr., Robert Duvall, Vera Farmiga,Vincent D'Onofrio
- Big city lawyer Hank Palmer (Robert Downey Jr.) returns to his childhood home where his estranged father, the town’s judge (Robert Duvall), is suspected of murder. He sets out to discover the truth and along the way reconnects with the family he walked away from years before.
Available February 3rd
- Starring: Dan Stevens, Joel Moore, Leland Orser, Maika Monroe, Sheila Kelley
- A soldier (Dan Stevens) introduces himself to the Peterson family, claiming to be a friend of their son who died in action. After the young man is welcomed into their home, a series of accidental deaths seem to be connected to his presence.
- Starring: Rosamund Pike, Simon Pegg
- A psychiatrist searches the globe to find the secret of happiness.
- Starring: Adrianne Palicki, Alfie Allen, Bridget Moynahan,Dean Winters, Ian McShane, Keanu Reeves, Michael Nyqvist, Willem Dafoe
- Former hitman John Wick (Keanu Reeves) comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters who took everything from him.
Available February 10th
- Starring: Bella Thorne, Dylan Minnette, Ed Oxenbould, Elise Vargas, Jennifer Garner, Kerris Dorsey, Sidney Fullmer,Steve Carell, Zoey Vargas
- 11-year-old Alexander (Ed Oxenbould) experiences the most terrible and horrible day of his young life — a day that begins with gum stuck in his hair, followed by one calamity after another. But when Alexander tells his upbeat family about the misadventures of his disastrous day, he finds little sympathy and begins to wonder if bad things only happen to him. He soon learns that he’s not alone when his mom (Jennifer Garner), dad (Steve Carell), brother (Dylan Minnette) and sister (Kerris Dorsey) all find themselves living through their own terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Anyone who says there is no such thing as a bad day just hasn’t had one.
- Starring: Chloë Grace Moretz, Keira Knightley, Mark Webber, Sam Rockwell
- Having spent her twenties comfortably inert, 28 year old Megan (Keira Knightley) reaches a crisis when she finds herself squarely in adulthood with no career prospects, no particular motivation to pursue any and no one to relate to, including her high school boyfriend (Mark Webber). When he proposes, Megan panics and given an opportunity to escape - at least temporarily - she hides out in the home of her new friend, 16-year-old Annika (Chloë Grace Moretz) and Annika's world-weary single dad (Sam Rockwell).
The adaptation of Elizabeth Strout's Pulitzer-winning novel of the same name focuses on the Olive Kitteridge's (Frances McDormand) interactions with the people of her small Maine town over the course of 25 years.
- Starring: Astro, Boyd Holbrook, Dan Stevens, David Harbour, Liam Neeson
- Ex-NYPD cop Matt Scudder (Liam Neeson) now works as an unlicensed private investigator operating just outside the law. When Scudder reluctantly agrees to help a heroin trafficker (Dan Stevens) hunt down the men who kidnapped and then brutally murdered his wife, the PI learns that this is not the first time these men have committed this sort of twisted crime…nor will it be the last. Blurring the lines between right and wrong, Scudder races to track the deviants through the backstreets of New York City before they kill again.
Available February 17th
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Innocence
- Starring: Amy Ryan, Andrea Riseborough, Edward Norton, Emma Stone, Michael Keaton, Naomi Watts, Zach Galifianakis
- An actor (Michael Keaton)—famous for portraying an iconic superhero—struggles to mount a Broadway play. In the days leading up to opening night, he battles his ego and attempts to recover his family, his career, and himself.
- Starring: Ben Kingsley, Dee Bradley Baker, Jared Harris,Nick Frost, Nika Futterman, Pat Fraley, Richard Ayoade,Steve Blum, Tracy Morgan
- In the village of Cheesebridge, a Victorian-era berg obsessed with wealth, class and stinky fine cheeses, Eggs, a young orphan boy raised by the Boxtrolls, a lovable group of underground cave-dwelling trash collectors, tries to save his friends from an evil exterminator, Archibald Snatcher, with the help of a wealthy local girl named Winnie.
The fourth season finds King Joffrey preparing to wed Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer), as Jaime Lannister seeks to rekindle his relationship with his sister Cersei, while Daenerys add more people to her army, and Castle Black is about to be attacked by Wildlings.
- Starring: Diana Bang, James Franco, Lizzy Caplan,Randall Park, Seth Rogen
- Dave Skylark (James Franco) and his producer Aaron Rapoport (Seth Rogen) run the popular celebrity tabloid TV show Skylark Tonight. When they discover that North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un is a fan of the show, they land an interview with him in an attempt to legitimize themselves as journalists. As Dave and Aaron prepare to travel to Pyongyang, their plans change when the CIA recruits them, perhaps the two least-qualified men imaginable, to assassinate Kim Jong-un.
- Starring: Chaz Ebert, Errol Morris, Gene Siskel, Martin Scorsese, Roger Ebert, Werner Herzog
- In 2013, we lost Roger Ebert—arguably the nation’s best-known and most influential movie critic. Based on his memoir of the same name, Life Itself recounts Ebert’s fascinating and flawed journey—from politicized school newspaperman, to Chicago Sun-Times movie critic, to Pulitzer Prize winner, to television household name, to the miracle of finding love at 50, and finally his “third act” as a major voice on the Internet when he could no longer physically speak.
- Starring: Analeigh Tipton, Morgan Freeman, Nicolas Phongpheth, Scarlett Johansson
- Summary: Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) accidentally gets caught up in a drug deal, but she soon turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human comprehension.
- Starring: Bill Murray, Jaeden Lieberher, Melissa McCarthy,Naomi Watts
- Maggie (Melissa McCarthy), a single mother, moves into a new home in Brooklyn with her 12-year old son, Oliver (Jaeden Lieberher). Forced to work long hours, she has no choice but to leave Oliver in the care of their new neighbor, Vincent (Bill Murray), a retired curmudgeon with a penchant for alcohol and gambling. An odd friendship soon blossoms between the improbable pair. Together with a pregnant stripper named Daka (Naomi Watts), Vincent brings Oliver along on all the stops that make up his daily routine - the race track, a strip club, and the local dive bar. Vincent helps Oliver grow to become a man, while Oliver begins to see in Vincent something that no one else is able to: a misunderstood man with a good heart.
The Theory of Everything
- Starring: Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones
- Once a healthy, active young man, Stephen Hawking (Eddie Redmayne) received an earth-shattering diagnosis at 21 years of age. With his wife Jane (Felicity Jones) fighting tirelessly by his side, Stephen embarks on his most ambitious scientific work, studying the very thing he now has precious little of - time. Together, they defy impossible odds, breaking new ground in medicine and science, and achieving more than they could ever have dreamed.
Available February 24th
Big Hero 6
- Starring: Alan Tudyk, Damon Wayans Jr., Genesis Rodriguez, James Cromwell, Jamie Chung, Maya Rudolph,Ryan Potter, Scott Adsit, T.J. Miller
- Big Hero 6 is an action-packed comedy-adventure about robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who learns to harness his genius—thanks to his brilliant brother Tadashi and their like-minded friends: adrenaline junkie Go Go Tamago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to his closest companion - a robot named Baymax - and transforms the group into a band of high-tech heroes determined to solve the mystery.
Horrible Bosses 2
- Starring: Charlie Day, Chris Pine, Christoph Waltz, Jamie Foxx, Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston,Kevin Spacey
- Fed up with answering to higher-ups, Nick, Dale and Kurt decide to become their own bosses by launching their own business. But a slick investor soon pulls the rug out from under them. Outplayed and desperate, and with no legal recourse, the three would-be entrepreneurs hatch a misguided plan to kidnap the investor’s adult son and ransom him to regain control of their company.
My Old Lady
- Starring: Kevin Kline, Kristin Scott Thomas, Maggie Smith
- A down-and-out New Yorker inherits an apartment in Paris from his estranged father and is stunned to find a refined old lady living there with her protective daughter.
- Starring: J.K. Simmons, Melissa Benoist, Miles Teller, Paul Reiser
- Andrew Neyman (Miles Teller), a young jazz drummer who attends one of the best music schools in the country under the tutelage of the school’s fearsome maestro of jazz named Terence Fletcher (J.K. Simmons), struggles to make it as a top jazz drummer.
Available March 3rd
- Starring: Dominic Cooper, Luke Evans, Samantha Barks,Sarah Gadon
- Vampire mythology combines with the true history of Prince Vlad to tell the origin of Dracula.
- Starring: Anthony Michael Hall, Channing Tatum, Mark Ruffalo, Sienna Miller, Steve Carell, Vanessa Redgrave
- Foxcatcher tells the true story of Olympic Wrestling Champion brothers Mark Schultz (Channing Tatum) and Dave Schultz (Mark Ruffalo) and their relationship with the eccentric John du Pont (Steve Carell) that led to murder.
- Starring: Ana Coto, Bianca A. Santos, Daren Kagasoff,Douglas Smith, Olivia Cooke
- A group of friends must confront their most terrifying fears when they awaken the dark powers of an ancient spirit board.
Available March 6th
The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 1
- Starring: Donald Sutherland, Elizabeth Banks, Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Julianne Moore, Liam Hemsworth, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Woody Harrelson
- Having twice survived the Hunger Games, Katniss finds herself in District 13. Under the leadership of President Coin (Julianne Moore) and the advice of her trusted friends, Katniss reluctantly becomes the symbol of a mass rebellion against the Capitol and fights to save Peeta and a nation moved by her courage.
Available March 10th
Kill the Messenger
Journalist Gary Webb (Jeremy Renner) stumbles onto a story which leads to the shady origins of the men who started the crack epidemic on the nation’s streets and further alleges that the CIA was aware of major dealers who were smuggling cocaine into the U.S., and using the profits to arm rebels fighting in Nicaragua. Despite warnings from drug kingpins and CIA operatives to stop his investigation, Webb keeps digging to uncover a conspiracy with explosive implications. His journey takes him from the prisons of California to the villages of Nicaragua to the highest corridors of power in Washington, D.C. – and draws the kind of attention that threatens not just his career, but his family and his life.
Listen Up Philip
- Starring: Elisabeth Moss, Jason Schwartzman, Jonathan Pryce, Joséphine de La Baume, Krysten Ritter
- As Philip (Jason Schwartzman) awaits the publication of his second novel, he feels alienated by the constant crowds and noise of his home city, his deteriorating relationship with his photographer girlfriend Ashley (Elisabeth Moss), and his own indifference to promoting the novel. So when his idol, Ike Zimmerman (Jonathan Pryce), offers his isolated summer home as a refuge, Phlip finally gets the peace and quiet to focus on his favorite subject—himself.
- Starring: Bill Paxton, Jake Gyllenhaal, Rene Russo
- Lou Bloom (Jake Gyllenhaal), a driven young man desperate for work, discovers the high-speed world of L.A. crime journalism. Finding a group of freelance camera crews who film crashes, fires, murder and other mayhem, Lou muscles into the cut-throat, dangerous realm of nightcrawling -- where each police siren wail equals a possible windfall and victims are converted into dollars and cents. Aided by Nina (Rene Russo), a veteran of the blood-sport that is local TV news, Lou blurs the line between observer and participant to become the star of his own story.
- Starring: Dimitri Leonidas, Gael García Bernal, Haluk Bilginer, Kim Bodnia, Shohreh Aghdashloo
- In June 2009, Maziar Bahari (Gael García Bernal) returned to Iran to interview Mir-Hossein Moussavi, who was the prime challenger to controversial incumbent president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. When Moussavi’s supporters rose up to protest Ahmadinejad’s victory declaration hours before the polls closed on election day, Bahari endured great personal risk by submitting camera footage of the unfolding street riots to the BBC. Bahari was soon arrested by Revolutionary Guard police and was tortured and interrogate over the next 118 days.
Available March 17th
Dumb and Dumber To
- Starring: Jeff Daniels, Jim Carrey, Laurie Holden, Rachel Melvin, Rob Riggle
- 20 years after Lloyd and Harry set out on their first adventure, they hit the road in search of Harry's long lost daughter.
Exodus: Gods and Kings
- Starring: Ben Kingsley, Ben Mendelsohn, Christian Bale,Joel Edgerton, Sigourney Weaver
- Moses (Christian Bale) rises up against the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses (Joel Edgerton), setting 400,000 slaves on a monumental journey of escape from Egypt and its terrifying cycle of deadly plagues.
Penguins of Madagascar
- Starring: Benedict Cumberbatch, Chris Miller, Christopher Knights, Conrad Vernon, Tom McGrath
- Discover the secrets of the most entertaining and mysterious birds in the global espionage game: Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private now must join forces with the chic spy organization, the North Wind, led by Agent Classified (we could tell you his name, but then … you know) to stop the villainous Dr. Octavius Brine from taking over the world.
- Starring: Chris Rock, Gabrielle Union, Kevin Hart, Rosario Dawson
- New York City comedian-turned-movie star Andre Allen (Chris Rock) tries to get his career back on track
Available March 24th
- Starring: Domhnall Gleeson, Finn Wittrock, Garrett Hedlund, Jack O'Connell, Jai Courtney, Luke Treadaway,Miyavi
- A chronicle of the life of Louis “Louie” Zamperini (Jack O’Connell), an Olympic runner who, along with two other crewmen, survived in a raft for 47 days after a near-fatal plane crash in World War II—only to be caught by the Japanese Navy and sent to a prisoner-of-war camp.
Available March 31st
- Starring: Anne Hathaway, Bill Irwin, Ellen Burstyn, Jessica Chastain, Mackenzie Foy, Matthew McConaughey,Michael Caine
- With our time on Earth coming to an end, a team of explorers undertakes the most important mission in human history; traveling beyond this galaxy to discover whether mankind has a future among the stars.
- Starring: Gaby Hoffmann, Laura Dern, Michiel Huisman,Reese Witherspoon
- After years of reckless behavior, a heroin addiction and the destruction of her marriage, Cheryl Strayed (Reese Witherspoon) makes a rash decision. Haunted by memories of her mother Bobbi (Laura Dern) and with absolutely no experience, she sets out to hike more than a thousand miles on the Pacific Crest Trail all on her own.
This web site is a real find for film buffs. You can find the name of that film you can't quite remember by searching by actor(s) or even by partial title. You can cross-reference by clicking on the actor in the cast list and find a list of all of his movies. Also listed (besides cast) are writers, directors and crew. TV shows are in the database as well. So, last week when I watched an episode of "House" and recognized 2 actors but couldn't remember from where (!) I was able to search (by season and episode list) and find the answers which would normally have either kept me up or come to me in a flash at 2 a.m. Give it a try. [Link] www.imdb.com.